Sunday, September 28, 2014

Healthy Decisions

    So this week, things got a bit more interesting.  As I suspected, I also got a job offer from Intermountain Healthcare.  Mom and I considered and prayed carefully and decided that Intermountain Healthcare would be a better fit for me.  So, hopefully, starting this week, I’ll be working here:

I spent most of the day Friday filling out employment paperwork (like a background check) and getting shots to ensure that I’m healthy before starting work.  I got the MMR vaccination, a TB test, blood drawn for several tests including Chicken Pox and a urinalysis.   Yep, lots of poking and prodding, but at least the nurse was very nice.  I am so excited to get started working!

While we were out Friday, Jack and I ran by the junkyard to see if we could find a radiator coolant recovery tank (his was very broke).   The car is now 23 years old so we often have to go to the junk yard to find parts.  Sadly, even there, things are getting hard to find.  I’m happy to say that we found the tank as well as a washer fluid tank cap, an interior door handle and the long desired replacement antenna.  And we got all this for only $19.  Hooray!   
I’ve also really enjoyed going hiking with Albert most mornings these past 2 weeks.  We’ve done quite a bit of the nearby trails, including the Parrish Peak trail, the Deuel Creek trails and the Parrish Sunset Trial.  Note: in the picture below, the little tiny dots on the right are large houses!  Meanwhile, Cheryl has been walking (fast) 45 minutes every day with her friend Ann Allred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment